Planning to purchase Portable Air Conditioners? Confused over so many available options? Don’t worry, we are here to help you choose the best Portable Air Conditioners in India. We reviewed over 50 Portable Air Conditioners and compiled this list of Top 10 Best Portable Air Conditioners in India.
In summer, it can get hot indoors within a very short time. Portable air conditioners then quickly bring the desired cooling.
A portable air conditioner (PAC) is a self-contained portable system ideal for cooling single rooms.
This list is created by Review Shop’s experts considering factors like cost, quality and durability.
Top 10 Best Portable Air Conditioners in India – Updated List
Portable Air Conditioner Buying Guide
With or without hose, cheap or preferably high price? Our purchasing advice helps to find the best mobile air conditioning for your own needs. The following factors are particularly important in the selection process:
- Cooling capacity (BTU): The cooling capacity is usually expressed in both watts and BTU. BTU stands for British Thermal Unit and denotes the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of a British pound of water by exactly one degree Fahrenheit. BTU/h is accordingly used to indicate cooling capacity per hour. It can be converted to watts using the following formula: 1000 BTU/h = 293,071 W.
- Volume: Especially when used in dormitories, a cooling device – whether mobile or not – should be as quiet as possible. However, values of 50-65 dB are normal and are undercut by only a few devices. Our favorite, Trotec PAC 3500, for example, reaches a volume of 54 decibels and is therefore in the middle range.
- Power consumption: Cheap mobile devices often only have the energy efficiency class B or C and sometimes require such high energy costs that the cheap purchase price does not really pay off. The models we introduce do not consume as little energy as a split device, but at 0.8 to 1.3 kWh/h they are all of the energy efficiency class A and are much easier to install.
- Cooling method: Cooling is usually carried out by air-to-air or air-water technology. Air-to-air refrigeration units produce condensate, which must be collected inside and drained regularly. In air-water refrigeration units, the condensation water is recycled and used to lower the temperature of the coolant.
- Cooling modes: A good mobile air conditioner has at least two-speed levels. Ideally, it is also possible to switch between actual cooling and pure air circulation (ventilation) at will.
- Dehumidification function: In addition to the automatic dehumidification by air cooling, many models usually also have an additional dehumidification function, which can be activated if required. Some devices create over 50 liters/day and are therefore just as effective as many classic dehumidifiers.
- Cost: Cheap appliances are available from 70 euros. They usually only work with pure water or ice-cooling (without coolant). As a result, the air does not dry out as much as with a normal air conditioning system, but during permanent operation, unpleasant lysis air or even mold can arise. In addition, there is a risk that fungi and bacteria will settle in the device. If you want to save money, you can also use the price-performance winner Comfee MPPH-07CRN7 instead of our high-quality favorite from TROTEC, but you have to make a few cuts in terms of cooling performance.
Enjoyed reading our article on Top 10 Best Portable Air Conditioners in India? Hope this will help you choosing Portable Air Conditioners that you wanted.
If you have any further queries, feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will answer that as soon we are available.